6 April 2019
Nordic Urban Mobility 2030 – Third workshop; Helsinki, Finland; June 6th, 2019
The Nordic Urban Mobility Ecosystem (NUME) will hold the final of three workshops in the Nordic Urban Mobility 2030 (NUM2030) scenario process at Hotel Klaus K (Bulevardi 2, Helsinki, Finland) on May 15th from 8:30 am to 7 pm. A complimentary lunch will be served to all registered participants beginning at 12:15pm, please inform us of any food allergies or dietary restrictions upon registration.
This third workshop is open to NUME members and will focus on selecting and formulating the events for the scenario process. The NUM2030 scenario process will be conducted throughout the spring and is open to members of NUME or the World Alliance for Low Carbon Cities (WALCC). If you are interested in learning more about the NUM2030 process, please see the latest WALCC newsletter and join us at the first workshop!
8:30-9:15 Welcome and opening remarks (with morning coffee) •Introduction •Agenda overview and team task instructions
9:15-10:30 Team task 1: Conventional wisdom •Choose Higley likely/Highly unlikely events
10:30-12:15 Team task 2: Future Scenario Defense
- As a team, review your future scenario and answer the questions in the team task slides
12:45-13:00 Facilitators present conventional wisdom feedback
13:00-14:30 Team task 3: Select and organize your future state’s key events
- Team choose events that support (“Must”) or inhibit (“Must Not”) their future states
- Write new events if needed
- Categorize chosen event cards into groups with labels posted on wall
- Integrate flip charts and event for presentation
14:30-15:20 Team presentations (2):
- 25 minutes per team; presentation of 15 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A, followed by 5 minutes of team member views.
14:30-15:20 Team presentations cont. (2)
16:20-16:30 Team task 4: Re-rank the future states
16:30-16:45 Coffee break
16:45-17:05 Presentation/ranking results and event voting
17:05-17:45 Team task 5: Draw synthesis diagrams
17:45-18:05 Teams present synthesis diagrams – 5 minutes each
18:05-19:00 Concluding discussion with refreshments